- Create department and staff positions dedicated to inclusive, local sourcing
- Require that local and/or diverse vendors are considered in Request for Proposal (RFP) pool
- Make inclusive, local sourcing an explicit goal...
- Adjust payment periods and invoicing processes to accommodate small businesses
- Incorporate local and diverse spending objectives into job descriptions and evaluations for supply chain
- Communicate with community partners...
Do a basic assessment of where your institution is at, and identify the steps you need to take to implement an inclusive, local sourcing initiative